Who are Womens Aid?
Womens Aid are a charity dedicated to helping, recognising and empowering women to excerise the right to live safely, free from violence and abuse.
Women are the overwhelming majority of victims of domestic abuse, Womens Aid are dedicated to supporting women who have experienced and survived domestic abuse and they are pivotol activists for preventing domestic abuse.
Their aims are to:
- Help women who have been affected by domestic abuse to live independent lives free from fear and abuse
- Keep the voice of the survivor at the heart of everything they do
- Meet the needs of women and children affected by domestic abuse
- Provide services run by women that are based on listening to survivors and responding to what they define as their needs
- Challenge and highlight the disadvantages which result from domestic abuse
- Support and reflect diversity and promote equality of opportunity
- Promote cohesive inter-agency responses to domestic abuse and develop partnerships to work towards a society in which domestic abuse is no longer tolerated
If this is a charity that you would like to support, please visit their Virgin Money page or call us on 0800 999 5500.