The benefits of having a Mentor
Are you struggling to develop your skills and experience within the Health & Safety industry?
Or are you the only Health & Safety professional in your organisation, without access to a supportive professional in Health & Safety?
Do you lack access for resources or funds to enhance your own personal development?
Safety4Good has a developing portfolio of successful, experienced and professional Health & Safety Leaders who are willing to support people like you prosper and develop in your Safety career.
These Mentors have all have led and managed Health & Safety teams as well as having Diplomas or equivalent and memberships of IOSH or similar professional bodies.
Benefits of having a Mentor:
- Being encouraged and empowered in personal development
- Being helped to identify and achieve career goals
- Being helped to identify and correct gaps in generic skills and knowledge
- Increasing your confidence
- Developing and maintaining a broader perspective on career options and opportunities
- Having access to a senior role model
- Developing mentoring/coaching skills yourself
What do I need to qualify for mentorship under the Safety4Good programme?
- Be a new entrant to the industry or have limited experience within the industry and looking to progress. E.g. Health and Safety Administrators, Advisors
- Alternatively, be a recent graduate, ex-forces or someone looking for a career change within the industry
- In the process of completing or having completed a NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent) and have TechIOSH level membership (or equivalent)
- Be committed to dedicate 1 hour a month with your Mentor online, via skype, or face to face if appropriate, for a 3-6 month programme
If you would like to be mentored, register today via the below form and we will match you with a suitable Health & Safety professional to mentor your development.