The value of becoming a Mentor
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking to help more people develop their career within the industry?
A lot of people are interested in getting into the Health and Safety industry or are looking to progress within their current Safety position but do not have the direction of an experienced professional to encourage them to do so.
As Health & Safety professionals only make up 0.1% of the working population, many young or inexperienced professionals find it diffcult to develop skills and experience from an available qualified manager or professional, especially in smaller organisations where there may only be 1 or 2 Safety professionals employed.
Are you an an established and experienced Health & Safety Manager or Leader who has time and motivation to support another professional develop in their career? If so, register today.
We are looking for qualified (Diploma or equivalent minimum) with memberships of GradIOSH or CMIOSH ideally, who have proven experience of managing and developing a team of ideally at least 5 Safety professionals.
It may not be necessary to match you with candidates in your sector as your skills, experience and guidance is frequently transferable.
Benefits of becoming a Mentor:
- Huge personal satisfaction from making a contribution
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Reinforce your own study skills and knowledge of your specialism
- Increase your confidence and motivation
- Engage in a volunteering opportunity, valued by employers
- Increase your own professional network
- Enhance your CV